Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The rabbit!

“The Rabbit”

OK, so I sat down to write my blog “the rabbit and my introduction to it”, when my daughter just walked in and insisted on taking the keyboard from my hands and started asking me . “Mommy what are you doing?”
I told her I was writing my blog, she asked me what a blog was and I explained that it was something like a book that you could read on the computer. She then started asking me what was I writing about? I told her I was writing about “the rabbit”. “Oh mommy, can I please buy a rabbit! Please mommy, please.” If only she knew!!!!!!! I am glad that in her unadulterated mind a rabbit is a furry four legged creature that hops around eating carrots and radish.
Well my Rabbit is manmade, runs on batteries and comes in different colours and different sizes!! You have probably guessed it by now, but it was only about 6 months ago that I even heard about it.
I was introduced to it by my friend Anj… It was a rather interesting morning. I had just finished Robert Winston’s , “ The Human Mind,” where he wrote about challenging the brain by doing things differently. i.e brushing your teeth with your left hand if you are right handed and vice versa, walking backwards, not doing the routine, but doing things differently.
I was staying with a friend in London, so I decided to give it a try. I brushed my teeth with the left hand, walked backwards and bumped into a table. As I was in unfamiliar surroundings, this was already a challenge, but what the hell…. In for a penny- in for a pound.
By now I was getting rather hungry, I opened the refrigerator, looking for something for breakfast. My friends had been on a two week holiday, so their refrigerator was pretty empty. Well no sweat, we had to do things differently today. I found some pita bread and humus and a bottle of chardonnay in the fridge. There was breakfast, staring right at me. A glass of buttery chardonnay!!! Very tempting, but I craved coffee, found the coffee, but no milk, I am still not cultured enough for black, I still like mine with cream and sugar. So had to go for the chardonnay. Oooh the arm twisting, wine is my weakness, but till now, had never had it for breakfast.
Thank you Dr. Winston. I could always blame you for the consequences. I was just planning to get some circuitry in the brain moving so as to create some more synapses. Anything in the name of science !!! But try as I might, I could not justify increasing my brain cells by dowsing them in 13% alcohol. But then again, I was supposed to do things against the norm, and this was surely against the norm.
Interesting start to what would turn out to be a rather interesting day.
I called my friend Anj who lived in St’ John’s Wood and we agreed to meet at Sloan Square. As soon as she arrived, she said, she wanted to go to Ann Summers
I prided myself in being a citizen of the world and knowing pretty much all that was worth knowing. But here I was without a clue on what Ann Summers was all about.
I met Anj and we made a straight dash to Ann summers- an upmarket sex toys shop. Wow!!! My eye balls literally popped out. Sexy lingerie, to things I could only imagine. I was a bit embarrassed walking in, but having had the chardonnay for breakfast helped. Hey Dr. Winston, I was doing all this in the name of science!!.
Well, we walked in pretty confidently and Anj asked for something with extra power. The staff at Ann summers is extremely friendly and knowledgeable;0) ;0). They make you feel right at home. Trust me the chardonnay helped. I walked around confidently asking for explanations and functions of all the gadgets. Then I was introduced to the Rabbit. My life has never been the same since. What can I say ?

Love/luck/happiness

No comments: